Monday, June 21, 2010

JAI22 - Jane Blakeley

Hello! Here is my entry for the JAI colour challenge.

I had a little spare time to whip up an entry this week and couldn't resist these colours - they're so fresh and vibrant!

I needed to make a thank you card this week, and nothing says thank you like flowers. I was inspired to try and make some of the paper flowers I've seen popping up on blogs recently, as well as giving the scrunchy ribbon technique a go. Both were very easy!

Thanks again for a great challenge, Jane B

PS. Thanks for the Top 5 recognition and comment love a few weeks ago! I was VERY surprised, to say the least, but incredibly chuffed! I'm hoping to get going on the blog front very soon.


15 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is gorgeous Jane!! I'm definitely going to case this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is very striking. Love the White you have added into the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flowers with the white inserts. Very striking card Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your blog up and running, Jane; your creations are beautiful! LOVE this card, and I, too, am impressed with the mixture of colours in your flowers! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, the flowers look fantastic. Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey 'Cuz'!

    I love this! The teeny strip of white in between the two layers of turquoise sets the whole thing off beautifully and I'm a HUGE fan of those flowers!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! You've rocked the challenge again this week. Great job. Get a blog going, quick smart! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool-love the two-tone of the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!!! The two tone flower is just stunning! I think I smell a top pick! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those flowers are scrummy Jane! They look fabulous two toned like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane. Love the way you have worked the colours together - especially the background panels. Congrats on your top pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was very surprised when she was in the living room cutting up card stock and then scrunching it up!!! (Being a typical bloke I thought she'd lost it!!) But seeing the end results it looks fantastic. The photo doesn't do it justice! Love you sweetie :) YB

    ReplyDelete